Would you like to join a progressive and professional construction company that is focused on process?
Do you enjoy a mix of routine activities as well as special projects?
Then WM Schultz Construction is the right company for you! This role is open due to the current seat holder moving to a new position within our growing company. We have been focused on demanding and complex civil construction projects over the last 18 years and are looking to build a company Like No Other!
The Lead Accountant works with our dedicated team in Finance to ensure our records are accurate and complete. The main activities include monitoring Accounts Payable and Receivable activities, monthly closing procedures, general accounting support as well as maintaining internal and contractor prequalification databases. Many special projects will come your way as we move into various phases of our construction projects.
The Lead Accountant is a key team member that is essential to integrating the Finance Department with Estimating and Operations and as such must be a partner with the ability to go beyond departmental silos dedicated to the advancement of the company.
Essential Job Functions
– Ensuring accuracy of GL accounts
– Maintaining AR including the software side of invoicing, deposits, and communication
– Assisting with monthly bank reconciliations and close processes
– Reviewing approved AP data through our digital system
– Coordinating data flow between departments
– Maintaining internal databases used for reporting and bidding purposes
– Maintaining contractor prequalification status with our client and municipal entities
– Sales and Use tax controls and filing
– Supporting insurance, year end, and various audits
– Special projects such as project cost code reviews
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting preferred but may be substituted with relevant experience
– Five (5) years experience in a related position, preferably in a construction company
– High proficiency with office technology such as MS Office required. Experience with Sage/Timberline products preferred.
– Strong interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate issues through to resolution
– Ability to deal with all levels of staff and work as a integral team member to get the task done
We are looking for this position to start in January 2019, so apply today!
Schultz is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Women, Minorities and Individuals with Disabilities.