Are you a highly skilled professional with a passion for contributing to the growth and success of a thriving construction company? W.M. Schultz Construction is seeking a Estimator to join our team and help us achieve our mission of developing the work program, capturing projects through accurate, competitive bids that align with our market of complex and demanding work.
As Estimator, you will be responsible for:
- Developing complete cost estimates conforming to project contracts and specifications.
- Understanding and communicating all risks associated with each project bid.
- Developing means, methods, and approaches to competitively mitigate risks.
- Managing the bid team to ensure all scopes of work require third-party coverage for cost.
- Meeting contractual requirements affecting the client’s ability to award the project (MWBE/SDVOB).
- Creating and maintaining positive relationships with potential clients, subcontractors, and vendors.
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Ability to read and interpret contract language and specifications.
- Proficiency in quantifying takeoffs accurately using digital and physical tools.
- Experience tracking and maintaining the development of all costs and outstanding scopes required to complete estimates.
- Excellent communication skills to convey bid objectives to bid team members and management.
- Proficiency in developing project schedules using Microsoft Project or other client-required software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the performance of the bid team.
- Production of timely and complete internal review documentation.
- Facilitation of all assigned project bid reviews.
- Knowledge of competitive market advantages/disadvantages affecting bid success.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills, including the adoption of new technology and ideas.
- Ability to produce proposals outlining the scope and terms of work.
- Confidence in speaking with and engaging potential clients, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Capability to review the work product of others and provide required feedback.
Join the W.M. Schultz Construction Family
If you are a results-driven individual with a keen eye for detail, who thrives on challenges and excels in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you! Join W.M. Schultz Construction today and play a pivotal role in the continued success of our company.